Could you ever imagine emotion came up from a simple idea of Scott Fahlman, whose at that time he was one of Carnegie Mellon University professor. The idea came up from a simple typography that started out as a colon, dash, and parenthesis in September 19, 1982 . Scott wasn’t notice how interesting is his invention until this ‘ basic emotion ‘ spread ‘ and used by most people today.
What Scott wrote ( The main idea of making basic ” emotion ” ) :
I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:
Read it sideways. Actually, it is probably more economical to mark things that are NOT jokes, given current trends. For this, use
The emotion keeps developed that we could see the emotion various gestures, 2D or 3D instead of simple typography in today’s world but most people still use the basic emotion, such as :
- -_-” –> Signs that you are annoyed by someone
- (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻ –> Random people throwing table because of something that panics that guy.
Or sometimes regular-Instant Messenger user , they usually uses the 2D , some able to ” move ” or 3D or (the basic emotion ; only applies to some people, not well used ).
Basic Instant Messaging Emotion
In addition to these security fixes that are shared in both the Snow Leopard and Lion updates, the OS X 10.7.5 update for Lion addresses a few usability issues. It does the following:
- Resolves an issue where icons in Launchpad may get rearranged after a restart
- Improves Wi-Fi reliability for iMac (Late 2009 and newer)
- Resolves an issue using Spotlight to search an SMB server
- Improves compatibility connecting to Active Directory servers
The Server variant of OS X 10.7.5 fixes some significant and commonly used services by:
- Maintaining Spotlight index when changing share point settings
- Creating and connecting to Open Directory master
- Improving reliability of password authentication
- Using Software Update Server to automatically download and enable software updates
- Reliably booting NetRestore images created with System Image Utility
- Using Profile Manager to set the Mobility sync frequency settings for mobile accounts
- Improving reliability when changing an Xsan metadata controller into a client
Mac OS X 10.8.2 update
Applies to latest Macbook Pro and Macbook Air
As with the non-Retina systems, this update fixes problems where the system may hang under heavy CPU loads, but similar to the MacBook Air it addresses the problem of NetBoot not working when using an Ethernet adapter.
- Facebook Intergration
- Power Nap feature to late-2010 MacBook Air machines
- Phone number integration for both FaceTime and the Messages app.
- Battery Improvement
Part 2 : Here
Today, via it’s blog Microsoft publish a solution ( Fix it ) helping user with the issue with a simple way – easy to be done DIY, without disturbing the user browsing experience ( Previously, Microsoft gave it’s user some solution but it may distrub browsing experience ; here for info ). But Microsoft said that it won’t completely fix this issue until they will release the security update for IE 6 – 9.