- Microsoft and Facebook Account Integration
Sign up and sign-in is easier than ever. You can now sign into Skype using your Microsoft or Facebook account – there’s no need to create a new Skype account. This makes it even easier to connect with friends on Skype without having to set up another account.
- IM friends on Messenger
Now you can instant message your Windows Live Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts via Skype all in one place. If you use a Microsoft account today, merging your accounts is easy – just sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account.
- Calling with Messenger friends is coming soon
We’re working on polishing a feature which will enable audio and video calls to Windows Live Messenger customers using Skype desktop clients. The feature will be available in coming weeks.
Here’s more of what’s new with Skype 6.0 for Windows Desktop:
- Skype localized to six more languages
We are excited to support our growing community around the world with new localized versions of Skype in Thai, Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian, Catalan and Slovak, bringing the total languages Skype supports to 38.
- Visual user interface refresh
We have refreshed and flattened the Skype UI with a simpler and less cluttered look. We have updated the look of the instant messaging and SMS areas as well.
- Removal of online user count
We have removed the online user counter at the bottom of your Skype Contacts list to unclutter the UI and make more space for your friends within the contacts list.
- Display previously created profile pictures
When you change your profile picture, we will now show you all of your previous Skype profile pictures so you don’t have to look through old files if you want to use a previous image.
- Improved telemetry
We are constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of our product. To that end we are adding additional “opt-in” telemetry reports for users who choose this option: “Tools>> Options>>Advanced>>Tick “Help improve Skype…” The reports may contain your Skype ID and or Microsoft Account ID but we will not use it to identify or contact you.
Here’s more of what’s new with Skype 6.0 for Mac Desktop:
- Open Chats in Multiple Windows
We hear your feedback! With this release we’ve added support to open chats in multiple windows.
- Retina Display Support
We also added another feature you’ve asked for – support Retina display. Now you can take full advantage of improved usability and of higher resolution screens.
More details … Here
• More reliable connection with headsets
• More headsets supported
• No more random signing out
• Fixed green video on HTC devices
• Restored video quality on Nvidia-powered devices
· Add smileys, hearts and other emoji to messages
· Click the person’s name at the top of your conversation to view their Facebook Timeline
· Seeing who’s active lets you and your friends know how soon to expect a reply
· Other bug fixes
Been chatting with your friends via FM lately ? Have you ever notice there’s one look like watermark ( seen at *time*)when you chat with someone who didn’t reply ? Is it annoying, or you are so ignorant that it doesn’t matter with you ? I appreciate any answer in your thoughts but anyway, thanks to Crossrider they provides us a new plug-in called Chat Undetected which disable the watermark from poping-out . Download via link provided above.
- Upload Web-Picture via Link / No Download Needed
1) Log in to your account
2) Click Add Photo / Video ( Twice )
3) Choose File
4) When file explorer pops-up, Press Ctrl+V or Paste after you Copy the desired Image Link
5) After it finished loading, you can comment or directly click ” Post ”
- 1) Control your audience ( Who can see your post )
It’s recommended to use Friend Level.
Selection of Audience Level
or set default privacy ; You can access it via Privacy Settings , there’s 3 option :
- Friends of Friends
- Friends ( Recommended )
- 2 ) Change How ” People ” or Friends interact with you
It can be changed on How you connect option on Privacy Setting
Recommended Setting :
For number 1 : Friends of Friends
For number 2 : Friends of Friends
For Number 3 : Friends
- Change How ” People ” or Friends tag you
This setting can be changed via Timeline and Tagging option on Privacy Settings . ( Below settings are recommended )