Today, via it’s blog Microsoft publish a solution ( Fix it ) helping user with the issue with a simple way – easy to be done DIY, without disturbing the user browsing experience ( Previously, Microsoft gave it’s user some solution but it may distrub browsing experience ; here for info ). But Microsoft said that it won’t completely fix this issue until they will release the security update for IE 6 – 9.
A week ago, a breach was found in Microsoft Internet Explorer – causes malicious website attack the victim’s PC. No update available since this breach detected, but Microsoft has given some advices – if you able to adapt other browser ; Firefox / Google Chrome recommended. Here some solution given by Microsoft :
- Install Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit ; it helps avoid vulnerability being exploited ( Include IE )
- Set Internet and Local Intranet Setting to High ; Launch IE – Open Gear icon – Find and click Internet Option from the pop out menu – Click Security in Internet Option
! Warning !
Some of settings applied above may cause some website has problem while accessing.
Fixes a problem with an item in Node::attributes disappearing (Issue 140473).
Changes / Fixes :
- Flash videos not longer remaining in fullscreen when clicking a secondary monitor while the video is playing (Issue: 140366 ).
- Flash video full screen displays on wrong monitor (Issue: 137523 )
- REGRESSION: Rendering difference in Chrome 21 and 22 that affected on Persian Wikipedia (Issue: 139502 )
- Some known crashes (Issues: 137498 , 138552 , 128652 , 140140 )
- Audio objects are not “switched” immediately (Issue: 140247 )
- Print and Print Preview ignore paper size default in printer config (Issue: 135374 )
- Candidate windows is shown in wrong place in Retina display (Issue: 139108 )
- more of the choppy and distorted audio issues (Issue: 136624 )
- Japanese characters showing in Chinese font (Issue: 140432 )
- Video playback issues with flash-based sites (Issue: 139953 )
- Sync invalidation notification broken after restart (Issue: 139424 )
Mozilla Firefox Browser
Things you will need :
- Mozilla Firefox ( 14.0.1 and below / depends )
- Stylish 1.2.6
How to do it :
- Access Add-on tab ( via Firefox tab )
- Type ( Stylish ) on Search all add-on box
- Install Stylish 1.2.6, once it’s finish restart Firefox
- Re-open add-on tab, you will find a new tab called ( User Styles )
- Open http://userstyles.org/styles/browse
- Find any styles you like ….
- Once you find one, click on it’s title
- Install it
- Once you finished installing ….. Your selected page will automatically changed with style you have choosen.
How to undo the changes :
- Access Add-on tab, open User Styles
- Disable which Styles you don’t like.
Finding hard time to keep all application up to date ? CNET.com provides one solution : CNET TechTracker for free !
Automatically scans all ( CNET ) supported application. For example :
- Microsoft Office / Silverlight / Msn
- Apple ( iTunes )
- Daemon Tools ( Virtual Disk Creator )
- Google Chrome / Picasa
- Internet Explorer
- Winrar ( 32-bit )
- and many more …
Interested ? Download here